Here’s a checklist of things to consider if your beats haven’t been getting sales on BeatStars:
1. Market Research
- Trend Awareness: Use tools like Google Trends to analyze what beat genres are currently popular. Find what people are searching for.
- Competitor Analysis: Study beatmakers who target similar artists as you. Learn from their beat style, how they present them, and their pricing.
2. Beat Quality
- Sound quality: First impressions count. Ensure your mixes and masters are top-notch.
- Originality: Strive for a unique sound or signature elements that will make your beats stand out from the crowd.
- Completeness: Focus on the length, arrangement, melodies, and rhythms of your beats to deliver well-rounded products.
3. Sales Strategy
- Pricing: Set competitive prices by looking at comparable beats. Sales and discount campaigns can be effective strategies too.
- Licensing: Offer licenses that vary depending on how a customer would want to use your beats.
- Marketing: Actively promote your work on YouTube and social media channels.
4. Additional Tips
- Beat Titles & Tags: Make sure titles and tags are easily searchable. This means using keywords artists might use when looking for beats.
- Artwork: Catchy artwork helps draw attention to your beats.
- Beat Videos: Creating accompanying videos for your beats can boost their appeal.
Specific Action Steps
- Focus on a narrower genre to refine your beats and appeal to a specific audience or fanbase.
- Aggressively promote your beats on social media and YouTube to build a following.
- Collaborate with other beatmakers for increased exposure.
- Participate in beatmaking contests to gain visibility.
- Reach out directly to music producers or labels to introduce your work.